BRA Day is an initiative designed to promote education, awareness and access for women who may wish to consider post-mastectomy breast reconstruction.
Support for Canadian Residents to participate in Surgical Missions throughout the world. This funding rotates among the Canadian Plastic Surgery training programs to allow each program the opportunity to send a resident.
To date, funding has been granted to residents from:
- Dalhousie University : 2010
- McGill University : 2009, 2015, 2016, 2018
- McMaster University : 2008 2013 2016
- Ottawa University : 2012, 2019
- Université de Montréal : 2007
- University of Alberta : 2010, 2014 2017
- University of British Columbia : 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019
- University of Calgary : 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018
- University of Manitoba : 2006, 2011
- University of Toronto : 2009, 2011, 2016
- Western Ontario University : 2012
The amount of the funding is $2,500.00 paid directly to the mission organizers.
– Those wishing to apply to participate in a mission with Educational Foundation funding should do so in writing through their Program Director and should include the year of expected completion of training.
– The applicant provides details of the mission organization, purpose, dates, destination.
– Priority is given to PGY 4 or 5 residents.
The candidate’s request to participate should be forwarded with a recommendation from the program director to:
Educational Foundation of the CSPS
PO Box 60192 Saint-Denis
The deadline to apply for missions between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021 is November 18, 2019.