BRA Day is an initiative designed to promote education, awareness and access for women who may wish to consider post-mastectomy breast reconstruction.
Call for Abstracts
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Submission deadline: February 8, 2021.
The CSPS Scientific Program Committee is hopeful that 2021 will bring positive progress on many fronts, including the opportunity to once again enjoy an in-person Scientific Meeting.
To this end, we anticipate that the 74th Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons will be held in person in Whistler, BC from June 15 – 19, 2021 at the Fairmont Château Whistler Hotel.
CLICK TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT to the CSPS 74th ANNUAL MEETING
- Scientific presentations of a maximum of 5 minutes in length will be submitted for evaluation by the Abstract Review Committee. Scientific posters will also be featured.
- Medical students whose abstracts are accepted for presentation at the Annual Meeting must be aware that the staff/attending plastic surgeon associated with their study must be present at the time of the presentation. Failing this, the presentation will not proceed.
- Podium or poster presentations may be made in either official language or both. No simultaneous translation will be available but there will be a sufficient number of bilingual judges and the possibility of the translation of questions from the floor. When you submit your abstract, you will be asked to indicate your presentation language.
- Abstracts may be submitted in French or in English
- Only one abstract per presenter will be accepted.
- Abstracts must be 300 words or less under the following 5 headings: 1. Purpose 2. Method 3. Results, 4. Conclusions and 5. Learning Objectives (a maximum of three sentences describing 1-3 learning objectives of your presentation, i.e. what will your audience learn from this talk, not the same as “Conclusions”. (Click for document on Writing Learning Objectives).
A block of rooms is on hold at the Fairmont Château Whistler Hotel until May 13, 2021. Reservations can be made online at: https://book.passkey.com/go/0618CANA023 or by calling: (604) 938-8000 and requesting the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons group rate.
- “Tips & Pearls” section allows plastic surgeons to share a particularity in their practice in an informal, concise and fun way for the benefit of their colleagues, without being an expert account. These presentations can focus on new techniques, new or revised ideas or innovations, a special case or experience, or a ‘tip or pearl’. Each presentation will be a concise 2 minutes with a maximum of 8 slides. Presenters are invited to submit a short abstract (50 words).
- Wednesday morning, June 16, 2021 GAM Canada will present its program. GAM Canada will offer a prize for the best presentation by a Resident or Microsurgical Fellow.
- Wednesday afternoon will feature the Educational Foundation Symposium.
- On Thursday morning June 17th and on Friday morning June 18th Eye-Opener sessions will be presented.
- Residents Corner: Friday morning, June 18th. Residents are reminded that only one paper per resident can be entered for judging in the competition. Only Residents officially enrolled and currently training in a Canadian plastic surgery residency program will be eligible for the Residents Corner and Residents Poster awards. Four prizes will be awarded, one basic science paper award, one clinical paper award, one award to the best poster, either clinical or basic science and one innovation award.
- The J.F. Murray Award for Excellence in Surgery of the Hand will be given for the best presentation by any participant on a hand surgery topic.
- Meet the Professor will be presented on Friday afternoon, June 18th.
- Abstracts are accepted for presentation to the CSPS or GAM Canada meeting, they will not be accepted for presentation at more than one meeting. Please direct your abstracts accordingly.
Dual screen PowerPoint or Keynote presentation for PC and MAC will be provided for all podium sessions.
Please note that all deadline dates will be firm.
Upcoming CSPS Annual Meetings
2021: June 15-19 at the Fairmont Château Whistler, Whistler, British Columbia
2022: June 14-18 at the Fairmont Château Frontenac, Québec, Québec