BRA Day is an initiative designed to promote education, awareness and access for women who may wish to consider post-mastectomy breast reconstruction.
The Educational Foundation of the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons was created in 1982. The purpose of the Foundation is to support the Society’s members in their educational and research endeavors with a view to contributing to the excellence of Canadian healthcare.
To that end, the Educational Foundation of the CSPS offers:
- An annual Symposium in conjunction with the Annual Meeting of the CSPS. This Symposium is presented on the Wednesday afternoon of the meeting
- Awards for the best Resident presentations to the CSPS Annual Meeting in Basic Science, Clinical, Innovation and Poster categories – Scientific Award Winners
- Support for Canadian Residents to participate in Surgical Missions throughout the world – Humanitarian Missions
- The Dr. Kimit Rai Family Scholarship to support a Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons member in the first 10 years of practice who wishes to obtain additional skills – Rai Family Scholarship
- An annual Clinical or Outcome Study Grant
- Visiting Professor Grants – Visiting Professor Funding
- Support for the Annual Canadian In-Training Examination
- Upon request – support for various groups such as the Ross Tilley Foundation, Operation Rainbow Canada and the Canadian Interest Group of the American Burn Association.