BRA Day is an initiative designed to promote education, awareness and access for women who may wish to consider post-mastectomy breast reconstruction.
Welcome to the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons. Established in 1947, the Society comprises nearly 500 Plastic Surgeons and is focused on sharing knowledge and expertise, improving quality of care, and advancing the practice of plastic surgery in Canada.
Canada’s Plastic Surgeons are medical doctors who:
- have completed a minimum of 5 years of study and training in plastic surgery,
- passed the rigorous Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons certification examinations, and
- are specifically qualified to practice reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery.
Plastic Surgery is not only technically demanding; it is an art.
Our primary aspiration is to use our knowledge and experience to:
- help our patients understand what their options are,
- fully inform them as to benefits and risks associated with a procedure, and
- perform the surgery with the highest standards.
Our goal is for a successful outcome and a satisfied patient.
Plastikos is a Greek term, which means to create, to form, or to reconstruct.
- Breast reconstruction and reduction
- Bone and soft tissue rebuilding following accidents or cancer surgery
- Facial defect repairs such as cleft lips in children born with deformities
- Repairing the damage done by skin cancer
- Hand operations to repair damage caused by accidents and diseases of the hand such as carpal tunnel syndrome
Plastic Surgeons perform most of the hand operations in Canada.
In addition to working in Canada, we are proud of our members who donate their time to volunteer with international organizations to help with, burns, breast surgery, cancer, hand surgery, maxillofacial surgery and trauma. Their dedication to plastic surgery is inspiring.
As the Canadian organization dedicated to sharing knowledge with its members, we look forward to continuing to share and promote new technologies and techniques as they are discovered in Canada and the world.
We remain committed to representing and supporting our members as they continue to strive for excellence of care, and to providing useful and impartial information to Canadians.
Dr. Peter Lennox