BRA Day is an initiative designed to promote education, awareness and access for women who may wish to consider post-mastectomy breast reconstruction.
Call for Abstracts
ABSTRACTS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED
Submission deadline: February 13, 2017
The 71st Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons will be held in Winnipeg, Manitoba from June 21 – 24, 2017 at the Fairmont Winnipeg Hotel.
- Scientific presentations of a maximum of 5 minutes in length will be submitted for evaluation by the Abstract Review Committee. Scientific eposters will also be featured.
- Medical students whose abstracts are accepted for presentation at the Annual Meeting must be aware that the staff/attending plastic surgeon associated with their study must be present at the time of the presentation. Failing this, the presentation will not proceed.
- Podium or eposter presentations may be made in either official language or both. No simultaneous translation will be available but there will be a sufficient number bilingual judges and the possibility of the translation of questions from the floor. When you submit your abstract, you will be asked to indicate your presentation language.
- Abstracts may be submitted in French or in English
- Only one abstract per presenter will be accepted.
- Abstracts must be 300 words or less under the following 5 headings: 1.Purpose 2.Method 3.Results, 4.Conclusions and 5. Learning Objectives (a maximum of three sentences describing 1-3 learning objectives of your presentation, i.e. what will your audience learn from this talk, not the same as not the same as “Conclusions”. (Click for document on Writing Learning Objectives).
A block of rooms is on hold at the Fairmont Winnipeg Hotel until May 19, 2017. Reservations can be made online at: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/cansocofplasticsurgeons or by calling: (204) 957-1350 and requesting the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons group rate.
- “Tips & Pearls” section allows plastic surgeons to share a particularity in their practice in an informal, concise and fun way for the benefit of their colleagues, without being an expert account. These presentations can focus on new techniques, new or revised ideas or innovations, a special case or experience, or a ‘tip or pearl’. Each presentation will be a concise 2 minutes with a maximum of 8 slides. Presenters are invited to submit a short abstract (50 words).
- Wednesday morning, June 21, 2017 GAM Canada will present its program. GAM Canada will offer a prize for the best presentation by a Resident or Microsurgical Fellow.
- Wednesday afternoon will feature the Educational Foundation Symposium.
- On Thursday morning June 22nd and on Friday morning June 23rd Eye-Opener sessions will be presented.
- Residents Corner: Friday morning, June 23rd . Residents are reminded that only one paper per resident can be entered for judging in the competition. Only Residents officially enrolled and currently training in a Canadian plastic surgery residency program will be eligible for the Residents Corner and Residents Poster awards. Four prizes will be awarded, one basic science paper award, one clinical paper award, one award to the best poster, either clinical or basic science and one innovation award.
- Meet the Professor will be presented on Friday afternoon, June 23rd .
Abstracts are accepted for presentation to the CSPS or GAM Canada meeting, they will not be accepted for presentation at more than one meeting. Please direct your abstracts accordingly.
Single screen PowerPoint or Keynote presentation for PC and MAC will be provided for all podium sessions.
Files must be received by FTP transfer, email or on CD by June 12th. Detailed instructions will be circulated well in advance of the meeting.
Please note that all deadline dates will be firm.
Upcoming CSPS Annual Meetings
2017: June 20-24 at the Fairmont Winnipeg Hotel, Winnipeg, Manitoba
2018: June 18-23 at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, Jasper, Alberta